Sunday, February 8, 2009

Images Of Nelson’s Syndrome

enter, leave, go up and down

When a student tells me the fateful phrase "Prof I go to the North" there is always a good recommendation from the Sicilian I hasten to do: "Always remember that in Italian verbs enter out, up and down are intransitive , otherwise you'll find out now! " .

For those who were not Aboriginal I point out that in Italianate Siciliano is very common to use expressions like "Enter the car in the garage" , "Exit the water from the fridge" , "Go shopping" or "Get keys" . ..

My mini-dictionary for migrant students then provides the exchange of these verb forms with the Italian forms of the correct type "Move in, out, up or down" but "Store" and "Pull ".

The most comic thing is that as I got to experience for themselves, some verbs are transitivizzano moving towards the South of Italy: quindi anche i Napoletani, che tanto ci prendono in giro per questo motivo, ogni tanto si scoprono a dire cose del tipo "Scendo i bagagli al paese" ...


0 comments:

Post a Comment